Dr. Watson's Neglected Patients was founded in 1974 by Mary Ake and Nancy Wynn. The founding of DWNP
allowed Denver area Sherlockians and mystery fans to meet and share a common bond, which extends far
beyond the life and times of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's and the world's first Consulting Detective, Sherlock Holmes.
The interests of the Neglected Patients range from Victorian society, customs, literature and theater
(including the musicals of Gilbert and Sullivan); British history and Politics; forensic science; police investigative
techniques to the whole genre of mystery fiction.
Current By-laws of Dr. Watson's Neglected Patients
Past news coverage of Dr. Watson's Neglected Patients:
- "Celebrating 40 Years of Dr. Watson's Neglected Patients,"
I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere, June 1, 2015
- "It's 'Elementary' For Sherlock-themed Dinner,"
CBS Denver, September 13, 2012
- Gene Davis, "It's a Potluck, My Dear Watson,"
Westword, November 1, 2007
- Susan Froyd, "Holmes is Where the Heart is,"
Westword, March 19, 1998
- Guy Kelly, "Deerstalker, Pipe Fit Sherlockian Just Fine,"
Rocky Mountain News, January 7, 1988
Past Chief Surgeons of Dr. Watson's Neglected Patients:
- 1974 - 1975 Morency R. Dame
- 1976 Bill Dorn
- 1977 - 1978 Ronald B. DeWaal
- 1979 - 1983 David Poole
- 1984 Chuck Hanson
- 1985 - 1986 Ron Lies
- 1987 - 1988 James Butler
- 1989 - 1990 Stan Moskal
- 1991 - 1992 John Stephenson
- 1993 - 1994 Steve Robinson
- 1995 - 1996 Terry Teis
- 1997 - 1998 Denny Hogarth
- 1999 - 2005 Mark Langston
- 2006 - 2008 Charlene Schnelker
- 2011 - current Darlene Cypser
(Please submit addition historical information and articles about the Neglected Patients to: